You Glow Girl Collection
Terms of Enrolment
Any parent or guardian enrolling their child into one of our child or youth programs agrees to the following:
I agree to the terms & conditions of enrolment:
- Photographs and/or video and/or audio recordings and/or interviews may be made during the course/workshop and may feature the students. These may be used for marketing or training purposes. This may include, but is not limited to, demonstrating the course and the fun the students are having in magazines, brochures, newspaper articles, videos, websites and other electronic media. When enrolling a young person into a You Glow Girl Workshops offered by Embrace Emotional Wellness Centre you will be given a consent form in which you can choose to either give consent or opt out of allowing photographs and video of your child.
- As the parent/guardian, I acknowledge that You Glow Girl Workshops – Embrace Emotional Wellness Centre is sharing a range of information, facts, research and opinions with the girls that is not intended to be taken as personal medical advice. I hereby release, discharge and/or otherwise indemnify and hold harmless You Glow Girl – Embrace Emotional Wellness Centre, its affiliated organisations and sponsors, volunteers, their contractors and associated personnel, including the owners of venues and facilities utilised for related courses or workshops, from all liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense suffered by the student as a consequence of her participation in this course, including in the unlikely event of death or personal injury.
- Girls Empowered reserves the right to cancel or change the course/event in any way at any time. In this instance, we will endeavour to provide you with as much notice as possible. In the event of the course being cancelled by You Glow Girl Workshops – Embrace Emotional Wellness Centre, a transfer will be issued for a future event. If circumstances change and the student cannot make the event, the enrolment may be transferred to another person or the student may transfer to a future course. In exceptional circumstances we may provide a refund at our discretion.
- All staff and volunteers have a valid working with children’s check.
- You must fill out a form before the workshop and advise us of any medical conditions, medication requirements, allergies, behavioural issues or any other relevant information. On the day of the workshop, you must provide us with a mobile phone number for emergency situations.
- If your child is unwell, please contact us and keep them at home. We understand sometimes things happen and will do our best to accommodate you and move them to a different workshop in the future, however we do have a no refund policy.
- Embrace Emotional Wellness Centre has both professional indemnity and public liability insurance with a recognised provider.
COVID-19 SAFE Practices
- We will provide a sanitation station at the centre and children are encouraged to practice social distancing and wash their hands. Please if your child is unwell please DO NOT bring them to the workshop. Feel free to text me as soon as possible on 0411 593 153 and we can make other arrangements.
Embrace Kindness Collection
How can I tell if you’re the right therapist for me?
It can be really tricky trying to find the right person to support you particularly when you are having a really hard time. It’s incredibly important to find the RIGHT person for you. I want to ensure that you feel comfortable with me and that we have clear direction in the ways that I can support you. A successful therapeutic relationship is based on genuine authentic connection, compassion, validation and most of all Trust. Please feel free to send me through an email with any questions at all. I want you to feel comfortable and informed about the way that I work with clients. Given I am lived experience practitioner, I am so grateful to those who served in my own recovery and feel honoured and privileged to hold the space for clients in their journey.
What are the practice difference between psychology and counselling?
The main differences are in the education and academic qualifications of each profession. In Australia, psychology in highly regulated whereas Counselling is not. Psychology requires a minimum of 6 year university degree and professional supervision whereas Counselling is not regulated in terms of formal academic qualifications albeit some counsellors do have extensive degrees in counselling. My professional and academic background is in Community mental health AOD and I completed my Bachelor’s Degree in same in 2015. My professional affiliation and governing board is with the Australian Community Workers Association.
Community Mental Health Practitioners, Peer Workers and Counsellors typically work in fields such as marriage and family counselling, drug and alcohol rehabilitation, or career and guidance fields. They may be found in mental health clinics, child and aged centres, youth welfare or marriage guidance services.
Psychologists have practical and research skills that may be applied in many fields, including health, education and management. They may work with both mentally ill and emotionally healthy clients who need help understanding behavioural problems. GP’s can refer patients to Psychologist using a Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP) whereas the Community Mental Health Practitioners, Peer Workers and Counsellors cannot obtain rebates or participate in the Medicare system.
For more information:
What happens in an individual session?
We will have a phone chat via to our first session so we can discuss some of the things that are happening for you and the best way I can support you in our time together. After completing your intake form and we meet virtually, I will welcome you to our first session always from a non-judgemental perspective and will listen, validate and normalise your experience. I work with clients from a strength based lens and use quite a few modalities in terms of support. Solution Focused Therapy Narrative therapy and Motivational Interviewing are the styles I use to support clients that feel stuck or are in behaviour patterns they would like to change. My hope is that every client walks away feeling they are enough, not when, not if just as they are, right now!
What happens in a peer individual supervision session?
To provide professional lived experience supervision to nurture, enhance and empower human service workers with a lived experience. I will bring warmth, supervisory guidance and support to our sessions by always being transparent, open and authentic. Creating a compassionate and inspiring atmosphere where Peer workers are invited to reflect, engage and grow in their own professional practice.
How often do you meet with your individual clients?
That is completely up to the client. I have clients that I see on a regular basis, some weekly, mostly fortnight and other clients who come back for a session every six months or so.
How much does it cost?
1 Hour individual session is $100
1 Hour Peer Individual Supervision is $150.00
Do you charge a cancellation fee?
Please respect that Embrace Emotional Wellness Centre is a small business with a passion for supporting as many clients as I can particularly in this CoVid19 landscape. W this in mind it is crucial that you please provide appropriate notice, with at least 24 hours’ notice via text, phone or email if you need to cancel your appointment. This way there is an opportunity for me to fill your position with another client.
Missing your appointment or cancelling on the day will incur a cancellation fee of $50. Of course there are circumstances where this cannot be avoided and this will be discussed on a case by case basis.
Enlightenment & Empowerment Collections
Did Brené Brown train you?
I cannot tell you how ecstatic, excited and just so incredibly grateful I was when I applied to the Daring Way to participate in the Sydney 2016 – Daring Way Facilitator training and I was accepted. It was AMAZING! I will always be grateful that I had the opportunity to meet Brené and thank her personally for her bravery and how much her work and research has impacted my life both personally and professionally. Brené was the key note at our training and the Daring Way Organisation provides trained facilitators to guide candidates through the certified training process. I will be eternally grateful to my Daring Way™ Training Mentor Cheryl Scoglio and the Daring Way team for their constant and unwavering support.
Will Brené Brown be at the Embrace workshops?
I wish! Sadly no! Whilst Brene will not be with us in person please know that her voice, teaching, research and vision of showing up, being seen and living brave™ will shine through in all of our activities and discussions.
How many people will be in the Embrace workshops?
- Enlightenment Collection – There may be up to 20 participants with these collections. They are webinar style and interaction and participation are always encouraged but absolutely not compulsory. You can pop questions in the chat if you don’t feel comfortable to speak on screen.
- Empowerment Collection – The Daring Way™ which forms part of the Empowerment Collection only ever has 8 members. We like to have small groups so we have plenty of time to unpack the content and explore the curriculum.
What can I expect from the Embrace workshops?
We have lots of different content that makes up our workshops with a variety of videos, clips, songs and creative exercise to really embed the learning, which forms part of the Empowerment Collection only ever has.
I’m not really a “Group” kind of person, I’m quite reserved and a little shy will these programs suit me?
I absolutely here you and I can appreciate that it may feel confronting to be part of a group but please be rest assured in our first we sessions we really unpack the guidelines around the group so that we can get the best out of the curriculum and also how to support each other. We will discuss group boundaries with respect, privacy and confidentiality at the forefront of our discussions. Please know that this is not a Confessional: We don’t sit around and share trauma and unpack peoples personal and intimate stories, this is not a space for deep trauma work and you won’t be standing up discussing your experiences in front of the group.
If you feel the group thing is not for you there is provision to do this work individually and we can work out a program to suit your individual needs.
What is included in the groups?
- All curriculum materials, workbook and resources according to the topics being discussed.
- Exclusive videos, clips and written creative exercises
- Inclusion in an online group specifically for your group members only. This group will support us to connect with each other outside of our workshop times and is a great way to show off our creative projects and reflections of the work.
How members feel once they have completed the Empowerment Collection Series:
- Clients have a deeper understanding of what is important to them, their values and they start to recognise the value in being vulnerable and brave.
- Clients understand how the 4 P’s have showed up in their life and how damaging they can be and ways to overcome People pleasing, proving, performing and protecting.
- Clients who were stuck in a story feel empowered to write their own endings.
- Clients who battles with perfectionism start to realise they are imperfect and enough. Becoming clear on the meaning of healthy striving and the damaging impacts of perfectionism.
- Clients will gain a deeper appreciation and develop gratitude practice. Becoming more resilient in the face of adversity.
- Learning and celebrating the small things that brings us joy. Moving away from certain behaviours that trigger our anxiety and sense of control.
- Developing self-compassion skills and learning to speak to yourself like you would a good friend is life changing for some of us with such a negative, insistent and degrading internal voice.
- Clients will develop skills and start to practice and engage with themselves from a place of worthiness as we are worthy of love and belonging, this is not conditional.
- You will start to practice being your authentic self and start to show up, be seen and live brave™.
What members will STILL need to do after workshops?
All of the content that is covered in all the work that I do at Embrace required practice, daily practice, this is not a quick fix, you don’t just learn this stuff, you have to practice being your authentic self every day. (Sometimes minute by minute). After writing the forward for the Gifts of Imperfection 10 Year Hard Copy celebration Brene herself recognised and discussed the daily challenges of living a wholehearted life and the ongoing lifelong commitment to the tools and practice of the 10 guideposts of wholehearted living.